We are now accepting abstract submissions to be featured virtually at Choosing Wisely Canada’s National Meeting, on May 12 and May 13, 2021.
Showcase your Choosing Wisely Canada initiatives and innovative approaches based on the following themes:
- Quality Improvement/Implementation (e.g. interventions, health policy, interprofessional collaboration, deprescribing)
- Measurement and Evaluation (e.g. administrative data, trends in low-value care, impact of intervention on low-value care)
- Medical Education
- Patient Engagement
Abstracts will be accepted in English and French. Relevant abstracts will be published in a digital abstract book and considered for online presentations in concurrent breakout sessions.
- Abstract submissions will be accepted until February 1, 2021.
- Abstracts considered for online presentations will be notified by February 17, 2021.
- National Meeting: May 12 & May 13, 2021.
Abstract Submission Guidelines:
Maximum 250 words. Content submitted after the word limit will not be included.
Please include the following information (if applicable):
- Lessons learn
- For measurement and evaluation abstracts, please include background and methods
In your submission, please highlight how this work is relevant to Choosing Wisely recommendations or campaign initiatives.
Themes to consider when submitting your abstract:
- How to sustain and spread implementation of Choosing Wisely recommendations into practice
- Communication about overuse and Choosing Wisely with patients
- Strategies to avoid reintroduction of low-value tests or treatments during COVID-19 and beyond
- How has COVID-19 impacted your Choosing Wisely efforts
Registration for the Choosing Wisely Canada National Meeting is free. We will reach out to you regarding next steps if your abstract is selected for an online presentation.
For additional questions related to the abstract submission guidelines, please email email@example.com.