We are now accepting abstract submissions to be featured at Choosing Wisely Canada’s National Meeting, on May 11 and May 12, 2023.
Showcase your Choosing Wisely Canada initiatives and innovative approaches based on the following themes:
- Quality Improvement/Implementation (e.g., interventions, health policy, interprofessional collaboration, deprescribing)
- Measurement and Evaluation (e.g., administrative data, trends in low-value care, impact of intervention on low-value care)
- Medical Education
- Patient Engagement
- Environmental sustainability (reducing low-value care can avoid harms to patients and the planet)
- Appropriate Prescribing
Abstracts will be accepted in English and French. Relevant abstracts will be published in a digital abstract book and considered for in-person presentations in concurrent breakout sessions.
- Abstract submissions will be accepted until January 13, 2023.
- Abstracts considered for in-person presentations will be notified by February 6, 2023.
- National Meeting: May 11 & May 12, 2023.
Abstract Submission Guidelines:
Maximum 250 words. Content submitted after the word limit will not be included.
Please include the following information (if applicable):
- Lessons learn
- For measurement and evaluation abstracts, please include background and methods
In your submission, please highlight how this work is relevant to Choosing Wisely recommendations or campaign initiatives.
To be included in Choosing Wisely Canada’s National Meeting program, all abstract presenters must register prior to March 6, 2023. Please note, abstract presenters will not have their registration fees waived for the National Meeting. Following registration, you will receive an email confirmation with further details related to your presentation.
There is a limit of two presenters for each abstract presented at the 2023 National Meeting.
Registration will open in 2023.
All relevant abstracts will be accepted in the abstract book presented to attendees and featured on our website following the meeting.
For additional questions related to the abstract submission guidelines, please email email@example.com.